HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ruger guidegun
Thread: ruger guidegun
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 04:06 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tanoose1
thanks you covered what i was looking for and i am getting the 416 ruger also
I hope the answer will be yes, but: Do you reload?

My major concern with the 416 Ruger is and forever will be the longevity of the round. There seems to be a very strong following for the 375 and 416 Ruger currently, but they're new enough that this could change quickly and irreparably. These things seem to come and go in waves, and they're slow enough to have major impacts on those of us that own the rifles. There have been eras where the 416RM was favored and Rigby brass was hard to find, then the Rigby was "rediscovered," then the next 5-8yrs saw good Rigby brass availability, but the opposite for the Rem Mag. The demand curve for these rifle is low enough volume that when they "slow down," they're basically extinct.

So if you do reload, buy your brass now. I have a set big enough such that if I get at least 5rnds out of each piece, it'll last my lifetime plus my son's (unless he has WAY higher tolerance for mid-bore recoil than I do!).

If you DON'T reload for .416Ruger, then you're a lot richer than I am, and in that case, buy all of your AMMO now. Else, start reloading or find a buddy that can reload for you.