HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Our turkey numbers is down as well bigc870.. But, it is not stopping me from hunting them.. Our count is down because of 2 harsh winters on them back to back.. The first was because of the amount of ice storms and this past winter was because the amount of fluffy snow that came back to back.. Taking a few toms out will not hurt them to bad.. As the toms are like an old buck deer traveling around looking for mates to breed with.. It just means less fighting and more hens to breed is how I see it.. Last fall we had a pile of turkeys every where and this spring I am guessing is only a quarter of what we had.. They will be building back up though.

Each year after turkey season we see the toms out.. Noe one bothering them will bring them out I am thinking.. Plus they get looking for more hens again.. That big tom this morning I know gobbled for 15 minutes after each call.. But, he would not come out at all. Maybe in the morning he will?? But, they have been acting strange to say the least..