HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 06:30 PM
bigc870
Spike

Well early this morning I was putting rock salt at a bowhunting spot and I was headed out and stumbled and made some noise in the leaves and wouldn't you know it a turkey gobbled about 80yrds away and there was a small ditch about 20 feet wide in between us and I happen to have a mouth call and I got set down and that bird gobbled his head off and had another bird gobbling on down about 200 yrds. I called him in to about 30yrds and if it was turkey season and a different hunting spot he would have been a dead bird. He was a nice size bird with a beard that tucked underneath him when he was walling. He also strutted for me 3 times,

Season has been over for 2 weeks or so and I know there are a few birds out there but I will not hunt them because in the area I live in we don't have hardly any turkeys, it is legal to hunt them and if someone wants to it is there choice but my choice is to leave them alone so maybe we will get more turkeys around.

I think the breading season here in southern MO and the ozarks was several weeks late and this pretty much confirms it. Because I talked to several people that live around where I turkey hunt and they have gobbling good for a little over a week.

Just though I would share! It was nice to call one in but it was frustrating at the same time when I look back the turkey season I had this year.

Last edited by bigc870; 05-28-2015 at 06:32 PM.