HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 02:30 PM
kellyguinn
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bigc870
As of now what are the ranking of the teams?

I feel like the ugly duckling because not only did I not score this year or last year.

I did buy a new gun the other day just for turkey hunting, I got a Mossberg 835 pump fully camoed out, ported 24" barrel and will shot a 3 1/2 shell, if I decide to use 3 1/2" shell.

I know all guns are different but does anyone know or read up on what chokes seem to work better than others on the 835. The reason I ask is I don't know anyone with a 835 that turkey hunts so I can't share the cost of trying different choke tubs and loads. I will either start off with an Indian Creek or Carlsons choke with 3.5" hevi 13 #6 and 3.5" mag blend.

So if that tells me anything I am already preparing for next year so I ain't giving up yet or will I ever.
Congrats on the new gun. That is what I use only mine isn't ported. (Its one of the first years produced) I'm using a Primos Jellyhead with Federal 3.5 #6 in mine and it loves it. ( I used the 3rd degree 3.5's this year and they did great also) I put a limbsaver butt pad on it to help with the recoil. The only problems I have with mine is the rise of the muzzle when shot (yours being ported should help with this) and it hates any sand that gets in it. I just have to clean it good daily when I get back to camp..