HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where do you buy your gear?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 05:26 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Unlike other areas, where I either buy online at Amazon or local store, I shop at a variety of places for hunting gear. I will buy on Amazon if I can get it cheap and of the same quality. I bought a game cam at Dick's sport shop. I bought a used cross bow from a neighbor. I bought another bow from Gander Mtn. And still another bow for my son at a pro shop that did setup and had a shooting range. I might buy something at Walmart if I know the brand is good, but generally their stuff (like arrows and broadheads) is often cheap junk, but they do carry some better brands. For arrows I stop at a local sports shop and he has the good ones. If I were buying a new compound, I would go with HuntersFriend.com as many here have recommended it. So in short, I get the gear anywhere and everywhere.

My least favorite part is missing a deer because of some cheap arrow/broadhead I made the mistake of buying! I guess another negative is getting bombarded with SO MANY products that, according to the "experts", I must have! For this reason, I almost don't like going to Gander Mtn to shop for gear.

Last edited by MZS; 05-25-2015 at 05:31 AM.