HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Conceled Carry
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 12:43 PM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

I had to look that one up (WWB). I could see some FTF (Failure to Fire) incidents happening occasionally but overall, it's okay ammo. In the Kimber pistol incidents I referred to, our guys were using top of the line Federal Police ammo and were experiencing mainly FTE (Failure to Eject) problems. They tried switching out mags but that only had limited success. a local gunsmith said the feeding issues were due to a rough feed ramp and some other polishing type issues. He said ship them back to Kimber since they were still under warranty. That would still leave the FTE issues though.

IMHO, if you're going to bet your life on a pistol you carry (whether on duty or CCW), you definitely don't want something that finicky about ammunition. A tight tolerance pistol is great for competition shooting for the extra bit of accuracy you get but a looser combat type pistol with rock solid reliability is what you want for self defense situations. After all, when that other guy is shooting or going to shoot at you, the last thing you want to hear is "click" from your own pistol.