HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Phil, that looks like it could be some tough terrain to hunt. Good luck to you.
Yes it is all tough to hunt in as people traveling to go fishing , hunting, to camp sites, as well as logging keeps the birds back.. So I try to hunt back where they are. Then to top it all off there has been a couple of people driving around practicing their calling on a lot of these birds prior to opening season. That means they are educated making things even worse.. So far in the last 4 years I have tagged out with 2 birds each year.. So even though our numbers are down there is still time to get it done.. Hopefully this will not be a year I get skunked.. I am thinking I will still be getting at least one of them.. Even though I have messed up with 2 birds this year even seeing them is better than most have done here.. Also if I would have scored on both of those birds it would of been the very first year to have both in the first week of the season.. So there is still plenty of time left and I am back to using the shells from last year now.. Hopefully things will be changing for me soon.. No Sunday hunting here which does not settle well with a lot of us. what it is though... Threw thick and thin i still know where there is 3 or 4 more decent birds if I can connect it all together..

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes I may be needing them..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-09-2015 at 05:47 PM.