HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 6.8 spcii
Thread: 6.8 spcii
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 09:28 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Default 6.8 spcii

Ok guys and gals, It looks like I may have a hog hunt coming up in a couple weeks that may require a bit of over 100 yard shooting. So I think I am going to drop my Grain down from 130gr Interlocks to 100gr Accubonds. Switching to the Accubonds because the only Hornady in 100 is GMX that is suitable for Hog and I don't particularly like the GMX in the smaller grain weights for penetration. Doing the grain drop for a bit more speed (figure around 350 to 450 fps more)

Any AR 6.8 SPC II guys out there with experience in this load variation? Barrel is 18 inch mid Shilen, DI operated. Wont be using suppressor. From what my buddy said the landowner believes the hogs will be in the 150 to 200 pound ranges. Said he did see a couple of beef eaters that looked like they may go 250+ so I want a good bullet that wont blow up on a shoulder in case we can get across the field without being sniffed out and my range is close up and personal! But I need the added speed for opening up at 200 yards. I have a couple of weeks for load development and accuracy testing.