HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Colorado pheasant opener
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 04:26 PM
Jorgy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Colorado pheasant opener

Schemy,

Most of the cover was pretty good. Nothing too terrible to walk through, but good ground cover. The field that I said we got so many roosters out of was a cane field. Most of it was about knee high, some patches were over your head. The overgrown corn patches we drove weren' t bad either. Some years the thorn patches you have to get through are 5' -6' tall and tear you up, this year it was all about knee level. The red grass we hunt was also about shin level. Hunt the red grass, they love that stuff. The cut corn fields were great. The stalks were dry enough that you could just walk them right over and they didn' t trip you or anything.

I would guess we saw about a 9-1 ratio of roosters to hens. In all of the birds we got, there was only one of them that was more than a year old also. spurs were all short. The youngest kid got the oldest bird, if he would have been " of age" he would have won a case of beer. He is going to have to wait 9 years to collect it.

I would post some picture, but I can' t figure out how to get them under the limit for " k" Right now they are in my digital camera (not really any great photo' s anyway) but they are all over 1 mb. I' m going to have to read my manual at some point.