HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Worried About My 7 mm Mag Lethality
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Jmbobs
Spike

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  79.7 KB
I do realize one is more tarnished than the others. Anyways, I appreciate all the feedback. My 7 mm mag is a fun gun to shoot and the barnes bullets are very accurate in it. I liked the fact the Barnes are lead free and many people have posted great results. It's possible that on the slight quartering away shot, my bullets could have entered a bit far back and then made it through the rib cage. My point is I was expecting an easy pass through and more reaction from the deer. The results had me questioning if I could use this gun on an elk sized animal with a heavier bullet and get ample penetration. As stated most of my previous hunting had been done with a 270 and I don't recall recovering any bullets. Now, some of those kills were with the ballistic tips on whitetails and antelope which can produce crazy amounts of devastation, but no expected bullet recovery. I'll probably add the A-bolt in the 300 mag caliber to my gun cabinet because I feel like I should own one, but hopefully my 7 mag can remain my go to gun. I did try the partitions in my 7 mm mag but the accuracy seemed to suffer.