HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Talondale
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for being scarce here lately. I've been having a lot going on getting my garden in and hunting. But I'm still at it. Saturday had one gobbling at me all the way to 8:30 but a hen was leading him away. He actually crossed a stream and a road. This is the second time he's roosted there and moved off. But, I've got his location triangulated and I'm going to try to move in on him early tomorrow morning and setup at the base of the point he roosts on. I've been hearing a lot of gobbles on public land but they all have been with hens and refusing to budge so I hope I can get close enough for him to risk coming to take a peek.

Our season goes until the 16th and starting today we can hunt all day so I hope to get out after work tonight and some more during the next two weeks. Unfortunately I had a friend die at age 46 from liver illness and we will be out of town the 16th for services for him. Makes you remember to seize the day.

Hope Phil is having a good hunt right now and congrats to all the nice birds you guys have been posting.