HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 03:16 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Worked a turkey for a hour and a half this morning, but he lacked about ten or fifteen yards of being in killing range. All I could see was his head at about 50 yards. The hunt offered everything but carrying the turkey out over my shoulder. It was still a great hunt and a great morning in Gods creation!
While getting one is great.. Watching them doing there thing is a big part of the hunt! Getting out there away from it all is the best part.. I can recall going with an older fellow who was like a grand farther hunting and fishing.. he would set down and complain once in a while about our luck.. I would just look at him and say.. You know we have it made when you think about all the other people out there wishing they could do what we are doing right now.. Just think about all those I a city someplace using public transportation and all that stuff. Some I am sure would love to be here even for a half day enjoying what we can do when we want to.. Getting out here is what makes it a great day.. Getting something is a bonus to a great day spent out here in the great outdoors..