HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 12GA From Hell
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 09:18 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

And therein lies the question Ed, at what point does a "slug gun" in all intents and purposes become a rifle? Granted a BIG bore rifle but still a rifle. You are surpassing all the factory made slugs energy levels by 50 percent or more, you are surpassing the factory slugs speeds by a minimum of 35% and in general you are skirting the legality issues by stamping 24ga on some of these but in all reality you are simply making Big Bore rifles. Plain and simple.

Far be it from me to deny ANYONE to shoot whatever they want to shoot. I have a few big bore rifles up to and including a Krieghoff 500NE Double that will break the shoulder of anyone not ready for some serious bite. Got lucky at an auction a few years back and won it for $1500 and could easily sell it for well over $10,000 but I like the dang mule kicking sob. Absolutely beautiful rifle and works perfectly for Bison! Not a whole hell of a lot of difference between what you are shooting and a 500NE round. You think Johnny law would let it go by if I had my barrel stamped 24ga? I don't think so bud. And if they were to inspect one of those things you are promoting up here I would find it hard to believe they would let it pass here in IL either.