HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - broad head problems
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 08:32 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Agree to disagree. You are dead on correct in the assumption that a more radical cam, as well as faster reflex limbs created the need for a heavier spine arrow. Now lets look at a couple of other variables in your own personal experience. How much did that spine increase cost you in speed? I would guess at around a 30-50 grain weight difference you dropped down to 295 to 297 on the high side? Do the 7595 have a helical twist on the fletch? So in all probability it was not JUST the spine issue but speed reduction as well that aided in your issue.

Broadhead steering has been a problem for many years. It got WAY worse when compound bows started to produce speeds in excess of 280fps. Take a close look at your 7595 GT setups bronko and you might just find that your BH alignment is closer than you think.

I too practice at ridiculous yardages to keep my form as well as my confidence up. Wont take a shot past 40 yards on an animal even with my "high octane" super speed burning bows even though I am confident I can hit the mark at 80 yards with relative ease in the proper conditions. Just too many things that can go wrong at those ranges. As well as more than likely you wont pass through.

BTW, how do you like that DNA? I'm stuck on Bowtech myself. Never found another compound with their combination of speed, quietness, forgiveness, and tuning ability. Tried out a few from various other makers but just never found any with that certain "feel". I've never been a big fan of PSE and Mathews just "borrows" technology from everyone else and claims it for their own. But PSE seems to have stepped up in the world a little. I switched to the Bowtech Experience from an Admiral last year because I know pretty soon I am going to have to drop down on my pull weight do to old age and shoulder injuries so I am going to need that extra little bit of "thump".