HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are your plans
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 02:16 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Default What are your plans

Well folks, our beloved "Big Game" seasons are done for the year. Other than those of us that go after wild hogs throughout the year, what are your plans for the off season to prepare you for next seasons adventures? Archers, are you going to practice and refine your skills in the off season by way of 3D shoots and lots of range time? I would hope so! Rifle men, are you planning to hit the reloading benches for load development to tweek out that extra fraction of an inch in grouping? Look for that perfect combination of cartridge build that your rifle likes to eat? Sounds like a plan to me! Are you going to hit the ranges as well and practice off hand and field shooting positions like those you will have during the hunt? I would surely hope so! Lets not forget our beloved Muzzle Loaders! Are you guys going to hit the ranges to find that perfect load that combines both accuracy as well as reliability? Are we going to practice reloading for that follow up shot in case you goofed? Mistakes and misses happen, it's a part of life!

Are we going to go out and keep an eye on our deer herds? See how well they fared through the winter? Especially in those states that had an exceptionally tough winter. Take a look and see how well the fawning is going? See all the little scampers running around with their moms is actually fun to watch. Tons more entertaining than sitting around on the couch getting fat watching TV!

Lets post up your plans for the off season for scouting and such! Sharing ideas is what this site is all about! Maybe someone will have an off season idea none of us ever thought about doing! Let our young hunters know what they are missing in the off season!