HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heater body suit.
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 08:50 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Flatliner2506
You will NOT regret your purchase!
Practice getting in and out plenty of times on the ground first!
The "I dress in layers" guys have never used a HBS.
Well, nope I haven't used one. Never needed one since I know how to dress myself. I keep the sleeping bags in camp where they belong. It's not all about layers but what those layers are MADE of that counts. Technology today has seriously advanced in thermal wear. When I first started out, you know back in the dark ages , I used a silk/cotton blend thermal "long Johns", long sleeved not too tight but not too loose under shirt, 100% cotton "Long Johns" pants, Jeans, Flannel shirt, wool P-Coat and if it was really cold, like below zero, a pair of wool over pants over my jeans. Never really got cold wearing that and this was on hunts in Canada and Alaska so yes that's TESTING.

Nowadays I use that latest stuff from Under-Armour and my Bib's. Being in the "older" class I tend to get cold a heck of a lot easier than I did back when I was young but this new stuff keeps me well within toleration. My old stuff probably still would as well. I don't see spending 400+ on a dang sleeping bag with legs sewn in.