HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question on climbing treestands
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 11:57 AM
VAhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question on climbing treestands

I have owned several different climbers over the last few years and I keep going back to the Summit line. The stand up/sit down method of climbing does not require as much upper body strength as a regular hand climber and is therefor easier for most.

I just sold a Lone Wolf Sit & Climb a few weeks ago. The main reason I sold the Lone Wolf was comfort. I just could not sit comfortably in the stand for more than 4 hours. The Lone Wolf packs in and out easy, climbs quietly and was very easy to climb with. I wish Lone Wolf would make a stand just a little bigger for us larger folks!

I can' t speak for the Broadhead or the Bullet but the Summit Viper is one great stand. It is not quite as easy to carry in and out, but it is the most stable and comfortable stand I have ever used. This stand bites the tree like no other stand I have ever used. I also found I could attach it to the tree in the dark easier than the LW.

If you bowhunt you may want to consider a model with an open front. It is possible for the bar on the Bullet/Viper to get in your way when shooting a vey close shot. However, if you are aware of this you can practice your shots before season to be prepared should you encounter this shot.

Two things I will tell you that both the Lone Wolf and the Summit have in common. Both are of top quality and supported by excellent customer service! I don' t think you will go wrong with any of the stands you are considering.