HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reloading Success
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 11:13 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Speer makes a great cup and core. They do tend to be a little on the hard side though. I used to load them for my .303 Brit. Knocked down several hogs with that load. Switched to the 150gr Interlock just to try it out. It performed a good bit better in both flight as well as terminal ballistics. Another good whacker for hogs is the Interlock Round nose. I don't know which caliber rifle you are using but last year I tried out the 175gr Round nose Interlock from my 7mm-08 on a few hogs. And let me just say BANG! Hit one 220 pounder from 130 yards out. End result was a bang flop. Heart blown apart. Only draw back was my group opened up from .285 to right at .360 which is still very acceptable. That particular 7mm.08 doesn't really like 175gr heavies. She's a clover leafer with 139gr Interbonds but I wanted to see how the 175gr RN's would do on a bigger hog. Nailed 2 other hogs that day, both being in the 150 weight class. Pretty much the same result. Can't really count one of them since it was a base of scull shot at around 45 yards where a .22 would have killed just as fast. But the other 2 were dead broadside lower shoulder heart shots.