HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 06:49 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Didn't make the hunt this morning after all. Did get to go this afternoon though! Took a friend to my place and got there around 11. Never struck a bird so we went to another property to give it a shot and got there aboutb2:30. Got one to answer about 3:15 and he hung up about 75-80yds. Worked the bird until after 5:30, and I finally eased back about 60yds and called and a few min later my buddy shot! Well......he missed! Dang... Walked about 100yds and called and another bird answered close! I told him to get down and I scratched in the leaves and could her him walking about to top the hill. When he came up I could see his head and neck about 45yds but he started moving to my right to flank me. That's were my friend was set up. He's only shot one turkey before, and just missed one so I let it pass and he walked right to him.....BOOM!......and he flew off!!! Second missed gobbler in about 10min!! smh..... That's a tough pill to swallow. Leaving after church tomorrow to stay a week in north Alabama and hopefully put some on the ground. I'll be pulling the trigger this time hahaha