HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 11:01 AM
superstrutter
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great bird, congrats. Make sure you post the measurements and a picture here so I can put it on the score thread. My season opened this weekend in Louisiana. I roosted two longbeards Friday night. Needless to say I was pumped. They gobbled a little on roost Sat. morning, but would not answer my calls. I stayed put anyway. They eventually came in silent at about 60 yards. They froze when they saw my decoy. Thinking they would come closer to the deke, I didn't risk taking a shot, even though I have killed a couple at 60. They skirted around the deke like they were avoiding it. The only thing they would gobble at were crows. They crossed to my right at about 70 yards and went into the woods. I started working them in the woods. They started responding to my calls. Just when I thought I may have a chance at one of the birds, my neighbor to the south started calling away. The birds then went silent. Then he gets on his atv and rides along the boundary line. Game over . I didn't hear or see the birds the rest of the weekend. He knew I was working the birds, but called at them anyway and I mean just across the boundary line. Some people just piss me off. He was out there this morning too. When he didn't hear the birds on roost, he gets on his atv again and leaves at 7:30. He doesn't turkey hunt much, as evidence with his calling and riding his atv up to where he is hunting, and hopefully I won't have to put up with him again.