HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Redden State Forest (DE) Youth
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 10:46 AM
JoeDMH
Spike

Hey, Ron i really appreciate your input for BB. I have decided to take my daughter here and have scouted a couple of areas and plan to scout this weekend as well, I have not made it over to that tract yet but I will check it out thanks again for the help.

For the youth hunt you do not need to have a "reservation" for the youth hunt.

Here is the information right from the hunting guide if anyone else is wanting to get a youth out there for Youth turkey day.

YOUTH/NONAMBULATORY DISABLED TURKEY HUNT, APRIL 4, 2015 Open statewide.
Any youth from 10 years to 15 years and non-ambulatory disabled individuals may hunt.
Young hunters must be accompanied by an adult 21 years of age or older.
Hunters 13-15 years old must have a valid Delaware junior hunting license and must have taken a Basic Hunter Safety course as well as a Delaware approved turkey hunter safety course.
The normal bag limits and regulations apply. Adult companions must be licensed to hunt in Delaware and must have taken a Delaware approved turkey hunter safety class.
Adult companions may not possess a firearm during the hunt. Young hunters must be of sufficient size and physical strength to safely handle a firearm.

• All turkeys taken must be registered. • All state wildlife areas and state forests open for turkey hunting will be open for the Youth/ Non-Ambulatory Disabled Turkey Hunt.

Hunters may go to any areas they choose. If overcrowding occurs, the Division may add this hunt to its pre-season lottery system in future seasons.

Last edited by JoeDMH; 03-24-2015 at 11:13 AM.