HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Puzzled. Need Explanation.
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

I'm sorry, but I'm just not understanding a thing that you're trying to explain the way you're wording stuff. First you talk about the case lengths varying. Were they all trimmed to the same length before they were reloaded and then fired to come up with what you stated and are now asking? Then you start talking about rounds moving in total length so I have to assume that you are talking the bullets are in or out of the cases at different depths to make a change in the OAL between them. I have three calibers that I reload for in bolt action guns and I don't crimp anything, so I can't offer anything on that process itself. However, if you're trying to say that when you feed the rounds into the chamber and then extract them without firing them and they are then different OALs it would sound like the bullets have to be too loose and are moving within the cases either during the loading or the OAL is too lengthy and are moving back into the case from being jammed into the lands. Maybe NM448 will understand what you have stated because he's a guru on here and would be the one to help along with RR if he sees this thread.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-21-2015 at 12:29 PM.