HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Northeast Snow
Thread: Northeast Snow
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

I can say that the deer right now are starting to take a large hit from coyotes here as the snow has started melting during the day and freezing up during the night.. Coyotes can run on top of it now while the deer sinks into it.. We have had record snowfalls here and just last night another 14 inches of it.. I surely hope it ends soon..

The turkey are expected to be taking quite a hit from it as well as the snow has been light and fluffy for the most part.. I have seen some around where people have been feeding them and other area you might get to see 1 or 2 birds.. Hopefully they are doing ok. I am in the northern most range of them here in the northeast and the turkeys were stocked into our area back around 8 years ago.. So once the snow leaves and they start hitting the open areas we will have a better idea.. last year's ice storms cut them back quite a bit in some areas.. So right now it is more of a wait and see type of thing..

This snowbank was around 2 weeks ago and is around 12 feet high like a lot of our area is.. It did get some decent melting last week and now more snow is getting piled up there once again..

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...-snow-bank.jpg

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-16-2015 at 10:26 AM.