HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quail Hunting seems rigged.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 04:50 AM
X_Rayted35
Spike

Default Quail Hunting seems rigged.

So I love watching the local hunting and fishing shows every Sunday morning but the quail hunt this morning seemed rigged. The place they were hunting was open with very little cover yet the birds wouldnt even flush with a group of people talking and 2 dogs less than 10 feet away. The guide was even pointing the birds out on the ground as he saw them. When the dog does flush them they fly perfectly making for easy shots.

Are these Quail retarded or something. I will admit I dont know much about Quail hunting but I have lots of Quail on my farm and they dont act like the Quail they hunt on TV. When Im out walking they will sometimes flush when Im 20 feet away. They damn sure dont let me get close enough to see them before flushing. Not to mention when they do flush they fly about 2-3 feet off the ground making it impossible to shoot safely. Also the places they are in are so thick theres probably Charlie in there. Dont know how a dog could even get in there to flush and then find the birds if by some miracle they fly high enough to get off a good shot. I just dont see how its sporting to shoot birds that seem mentally retarded.

Last edited by X_Rayted35; 03-15-2015 at 04:54 AM.