HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Warmest clothes?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 03:56 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

First off dressing in layers is the best advice any one can really give you.

I start with two piece long under wear depends on what the days forecast for the high will be as to what weight. I like to start with silk then go to a medium weight for 30F give or take 10F either way. Light weight for any thing above that and heavy weight for any thing lower than that. I like the wicking type and two piece stuff.

Next is a pair of good heavy weight jeans like the Dutch trading post stuff, a flannel shirt for any thing 30F and up. insulated if colder than that. Next is a good set of bib pants I use the Walls Blizzard proof my self friends use under amour stuff. I put a hooded insulated sweat shirt over the bibs and a Walls blizzard proof coat above that some times a double Columba coat if it is going to get really cold.
On the feet are a good set of wicking wool blend socks and Lacrosse ice man boots. I wear A good set of Bates insulated leather gloves if it is bitter cold and a set of flease thinsulated glove other wise.

If I am going to walk far to the stand I just wear the first layer with the hooded sweat shirt and dress in the outer layer once at the blind.

I wear a double knit thinsulate stocking hat most times but also wear a double layer flease baklava set up if extra cold. it has a dicky set up so protects the neck real well and folds up so only the eyes show if you desire.

Columbia set up.

Blizzard proof set up.

Last edited by alleyyooper; 03-15-2015 at 03:59 AM.