HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hog Hunting the Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Tyme2Hunt
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Two days with food and lodging for $500.00 with unlimited hogs does not seem high to me. The only thing I would have a problem with is they have no facility to at least skin and hang the hogs in a cooler until the client goes home. I paid more than their prices in GA and SC and didn't have an opportunity to kill a hog and went back to PA empty handed in both cases. That is hunting.
That is hunting, but at that price IMHO, it is high priced hunting. Any place that charges that much needs to be able to find a hog in two days. I love to hunt and would not give a nickle to shoot over a feeder, that goes for hogs, black bear or whatever. If their guides can't find a hog to look at in two days, monies paid should not exceed 100 bucks per day food and lodging. I will trade anyone a darn fine spot to hunt deer for a place to hunt a smelly hog, but I refuse to make someone rich helping solve their problem. OBTW since you feel the price reasonable, I would offer two days food and lodging, with a walkin cooler provided for $500.00. You can shoot as many deer as legal.

Last edited by Tyme2Hunt; 03-10-2015 at 11:02 AM.