HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sako 85 Ejection issues
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Beerbrewer
Spike

Default Sako 85 Ejection issues

I recently bought a Sako 85 Finnlight rifle that had an issue that I'd like your opinions on.

I was in a gun shop looking for an all weather (synthetic/stainless) bolt action rifle in 30-06, when I stumbled upon the Sako 85 Finnlight. Frankly it was just above my price range, but I looked at it anyway. Once I had my hands on it, I had to have it, so I forked over the extra money for it. I had my Leupold scope VX-III mounted on it and left the store. When I got home I went right outside and tried it out. I took my first shot (was impressed) and then went to jack another round into it. Unfortunately the old round didn't eject from the rifle, so I removed it my self. I figured I went too slow or did something else wrong. So I loaded another and fired another round, only this time I made sure I jacked the rifle properly and again, it did not eject. The rounds seem to go straight up and hit the scope, instead of towards the right and out. It also put a big dent in the end of the shell where it hit the scope. I fired a number of rounds and none ejected properly.

So I went on the web and surfed for "Sake 85 ejection problems". I was amazed that this does not seem an isolated problem. So I took the gun back to the store (along with the dented shells) and got a full refund. They offered to have it repaired, but I didn't think that a rifle that expensive should have this kind of issue. Now I'm wondering If I was a tad too hasty.... Has anyone seen this issue? If so, is it repairable or is it a design flaw?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.