HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - squeaky clean
Thread: squeaky clean
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 06:16 AM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I do try to keep as scent-free as possible,keeping my hunting clothes outside,washing with scent-free soap,wearing rubber boots,spraying down with scent-killer spray etc...!

I will say I have done much better when I cut down on any unwanted odors/smells that would give me away and I try to watch the wind direction also when Hunting.I know it works because I done much better when out Hunting,have had Deer walk right by me and group around me for a long time not smelling me and coming alert then running off while blowing and alerting all the other Deer!

I can sure tell when I get Lazy and don't take better care of my scent control and gear because it seems the Deer can sense me there from further way and just about any direction!I have plenty of nice Bucks on my wall to prove that Smarter Hunting results in Bigger Bucks.....You can Fool a Younger Buck or Doe with less preperation but it takes much more work and caution to get an Older Wiser Buck or Mature Doe.

To each His own on how they go about Hunting.....heck I'm even more cautious when Coyote/Predator Hunting since their nose is even better that a Deer!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 03-08-2015 at 07:31 AM.