HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - who likes snow goose?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Oomingmak
Spike

Originally Posted by rbduck
Up here, the limit is 20 daily and 80 possession for Snows. I actually prefer them over Canadas. Soups, stews, jerky, stirfry, roasting, the list is endless. We usually share the bounty with the land owners that have given us permission to hunt their land.
Eighty is plenty enough.

Ron
Actually that has changed. In the regular late summer/fall season the daily limit is 50 and possession is "no limit".

You can't give them away to the local land owners where I live. No one wants them. They are called flying rats by many of the locals. In any event I find they cook up fine if you marinade them.

The things with snow geese is the wildlife managers want a pile of them killed because of the over population and the damage it is doing in the arctic. This need is tempered by traditional bag limits and lack of shooters. Then there is the problem of what do you do with all these birds?

In the most areas wasting them is not an option as you will get charged and even if you were allowed to just dump them............ most of us would have a problem wrapping our minds around that morally due to the way we were raised.

It is a complicated issue that will most likely be resolved by the population crashing.