HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CVA HunterBolt Magnum Muzzleloader
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 09:18 PM
vERN
Spike

Default RE: CVA HunterBolt Magnum Muzzleloader

My son & I got CVA Hunterbolt mags last year. I got one deer with it. They seem to shoot very good with the right load - like a lot of other brands. We started out with 245 Powerbelts - fine on paper but marginal on deer. I went with 295 lead PB and my son went back to TC Maxi bullets that he had used in his old traditional gun. Was sighting in yesterday and trying the 295 PB Arrowtip bullets. Started at 90 gr. Pryodex RS and moved up to 95 gr. Got OK group at 50 Yd and then tried a couple at 100. One hit about 2" from bullseye and other was right on. My son told me to quit and go home! (This is with open sights as Minn. doesn' t allow scopes for ML season, which I wish they did as using tri-focals and being 76 I could really use the help.) But as ar as the gun goes, am very satisfied and have
sold several others on them. I WILL have to admit that their quality control on sights does leave a little to be desired. Have two that have had problems this year and will be getting ahold of CVA tomorrow. They were very good at fixing a problem I had last year.