HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Hunter with a question
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 08:17 AM
rapidfire1
Spike

Thanks for all of the responses guys. I met my buddy at a bar after work yesterday had a few beers and discussed this with him. He is the owner of the property he does not lease it. I basically wrote every question I could think of on a piece of paper and asked him every question I could think of. That way I knew what I was getting myself into and we didn't loose our friendship over a communication issue from the start. With him stressing how expensive food plots were when we first talked I assumed he would want me to half that expense. He said he did not expect me to pay for that at all. Just strictly labor to get all of them in. He said he did not want me to feel like I was so invested that I would consider myself equal to him. He told me just pick up a few nice stands, and a blind and help me with the plots and we would be good to go. He said he will be spending several thousand dollars on the property and wouldn't expect me to pay for that. Him and I will be the only people hunting the ground. He said we will not be over hunting it though bc he does not want to pressure the deer. He said we will both go in and shoot the first decent does we see then let the ground sit for a while then go back in. I felt relieved. I didn't know how this conversation was going to go. It went very well and I appreciate the responses I got from you guys going into this. He basically said just throw up a stand and blind a year and help me out and you will have a place to hunt. He is trying to get the neighbor to let us hunt his 30 acres that are connected to his as well so we can hunt more often. Thanks again guys like I said I am new to all this and looking forward to it.

Last edited by rapidfire1; 03-06-2015 at 08:20 AM.