HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Hunter with a question
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 03:45 AM
Outdoor Addiction
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rapidfire1
This year he came to me saying I need to start saving for half of the food plot, a stand, and blind. My question is this normal educate for a guest to purchase these things?
Originally Posted by rockport
I personally think half the food plot may be crossing the line but Specifics would be important though. To me your hunting equipment is completely your responsibility so I'm just going to through that out all together.....You definitely don't get any control just because you brought your own deer stand/blind.
I agree with rockport on this fully. If you think about it. If you are wanting to hunt, whether there or elsewhere, You will want/need to have a stand/blind or both. So to go ahead and get those would be a good idea because those items are, under most conditions, a one time purchase.

I personally have 4 treestands and two ground blinds in my arsenal and am looking to get another stand. With the limited info you've given so far, it's hard to really gauge your situation and give you a proper response, which is why you're getting a broad spectrum of answers.

I also agree with JW in asking, if it is indeed a lease, for your name to be put on it and to pay half that way there will be full equality and you aren't at his mercy. But your money situation will probably be the deciding factor in that and that's none of our business!

Good luck and I hope we helped you out in your decision!

OA