HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whew, close one
Thread: Whew, close one
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 10:50 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Default Whew, close one

I almost got scammed. I just posted that I was getting a Marlin 1895 cowboy in .45-70 a few days ago. Well I sent the money out through PayPal to the account the seller requested. This was after giving me his name and address. He replied that he couldn't access the money and PayPal identified the recipient under another name. A red flag went up. I asked him to contact the other party and have the money returned and I would send a money order to him. After waiting a couple days with no response I put a dispute in. I also emailed him and told him that the only way I would buy the rifle is if he took it to the FFL andgive me the FFL's name and number. He responded with a phone number. But then told me to send the money to his daughter. I called my bank and told them to recall the transfer and did so within 24 hours. I got my money back less $35 for the reversal.
Here are the details: Seller is [email protected] (Stacy Stackhouse) Supposedly lives in Scottsbluff, NE, has a MA area code in his phone, the PayPay acct [email protected] (Melanie Wolf), the FFL phone number he gave me was IN, and his daughter?? lives in OR?
Needless to say I contacted Armslist.com who removed him for fraud.
BEWARE.......