HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Called my uncle!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 02:55 AM
mounting man
Typical Buck

Default Called my uncle!

It has been years since i seen or talked to him.
He stopped hunting. He is 87 and his baby brother is around 80!!!!! Not because of heath reasons but they can't see paying $100 to have deer done up!They hung it up after last season after having to pay the butcher!
I said to him" Uncle,do you remember,in 1958,when you took me on my first deer hunt?" "He// yes,it was a blizzard and we went up on to the mountain and down the sportsmans club road. I didn't think we get back out of there!!"
Well i remember it well,the snow blowing,a white out at times,the piles of deer he pushed past me and him covered in snow! We all wore buffalo plaid Woolrich,back then and the snow stuck to them. He looked like a snow man! That was over 55 years ago!
I went back,to hunt with them for another decade,but then i got into hunting with my own group of friends and seldom seen him.
Alot has changed over those years. The weather, the woods,the peoples atittudes,the deer herd and the equipment.You can't drive on the gun club anymore,it is state game lands now!
I had no nephew to take but i did what i could with my sons and now my grandson.
How i miss being able to just park my car and just go land cruising,on my child hood ridges of the mountains of Pa. The memories all come back and i am saddened by my age and my beat up ole body.