HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3" shells in 2 3/4 chamber?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

I understood what you meant regarding the ejection problem, but what I worry about is people that don't know much about guns might not read exactly what you mentioned about the 3" barrel and correlate that with the OP statement about putting it into a 2 3/4" chamber. Many people just don't understand the intricacies of chambers, etc. For instance, I read yesterday where a guy walked into a gun shop and asked for a box of shells for his .270 Remington. The guy behind the counter handed him a box of Winchesters and he told the guy no, he needed shells for his Remington! There are many out there like that who don't have a clue! Another guy at a gun range asked an instructor how to unload his semi-automatic rifle because he was paying a lot for all the shells he was shooting to unload it when he got done hunting! Yes, there are some real winners out there and I wonder every day why there aren't a lot more accidents and injuries than there are. Maybe there are and they just don't get reported.