HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Firearm Regualtions
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 08:43 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by grinder67
That is the current law but they are or were considering .243 and up in a rifle for the firearms season (2015) but have not heard anything definite. A buddy said he heard(do not know his source) that they were considering making it just for people south of I 70. We will have to wait and see.
I knew what the current is and that's why I said if they made a .243 legal they might as well make it all centerfires. I grew up in IN before there was enough deer to even have seasons and the area below I-70 would be logical to allow them with the terrain down there as compared to the more open area up north where a bullet could go a long ways. We have some goofy laws up here in MI where you can't use much of anything but shotguns, MLs, and some of the stuff like IN has in their law down here in Zone 3, but it's only during the firearms deer seasons. Zones 2 & 3 to the north allow any firearm. If I want to take a 50 caliber centerfire out coyote or fox hunting down here in Zone 3, I can any time the rest of the year.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-16-2015 at 08:45 AM.