HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Multi Sportsman
Thread: Multi Sportsman
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 08:39 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport
I get spread pretty thin sometimes but it is what it is. Most of these things are a luxury not a necessity anyway.

I'd give up gadgets before I had to start giving up activities. I also try to stick with value holding gadgets.

Here is something I do a lot. I go to auctions and buy the things I want and other things that are worth more than I buy them for then I sell them on ebay and the stuff I bought to keep I often end up getting for free.

For example the last auction I went to I bought a $75 shooting stick that I wanted for $30 and a $180 Remington 870 barrel I didn't need for $85 totaling $115 then I sold the barrel on ebay for $150.

I made $35 and got me a fancy shooting stick.

At another sale last year which was a Archery shop going out of business sale they really didn't have anything left I needed but they had 6 packs of muzzy broad heads for $10......I bought all 30 packs of them and sold them all on ebay for $30 a pack making $600

This is how I produce a lot of my "play" money.

I always look for stuff like that when I'm shopping. If they don't have what I want for what I want to pay I just find another way to skin that cat.

Ive even bought things off websites brand new and did it. I wanted a new pack and was shocked at the prices. Midway USA has $120 tenzing packs on clearance half off....regular $120 on sale for $60. I bought 2 of them and sold one on ebay for $100 and kept the other one for $20

I was visiting some relatives in KY and found a brand new handi rifle combo 270/444 for $185 at a big gun store. I bought it and sold the 270 barrel on ebay for $160....now I have a .444 for $25

Anyway you get the point that is how I fund a lot of my toys without spending money earmarked for bills and family stuff.
Sounds like you need to quit your day job and go into the buying & reselling full time, as it would seem you sure have a knack for it, LOL!