HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement
Old 02-11-2015, 05:06 PM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
I haven't followed this thread in a good while, but Cal... isn't the link you posted to a recall that remington has on a different trigger than what this thread is about?

I'm just curious. I own several older 700's....with the walker trigger. Am I mistaken, or wasn't this thread about the walker triggers being recalled? If they are on recall... (as this thread is titled - massive recall) why does Remington not list that on their site?

(sorry if this has been covered, I'm not going back and reading all these posts)
Darn it!!!! sometimes Google search is NOT your friend.

Seriously though, excellent catch!! You too Topgun! I don't own a Remington 700 (although I'd love to own a few) and am honestly not familiar with different factory triggers used in various model 700's. This subject has come up in the past on HuntingNet. I couldn't recall the outcome so I Google searched Remington 700, trigger recall. I obviously found the links (and articles) that I posted so assumed it was being handled by Remington and posted them in the discussion. If Remington is having AD trouble with more than 1 trigger, they should seriously consider switching to aftermarket triggers if that's what it takes.

I don't think anybody on this forum is in favor of Accidental Discharges (AD's) or guns that do that. Jeepkid made an excellent point about "user safety" as well. It's hard to have an AD (not impossible though) if your finger stays off the trigger.