HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tips for Buying Hunting Land
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 03:37 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Spot sounds Ideal except the river running thru it. How do you get to the property on the other side of the river? Will you have to keep some kind of boat/canoe stashed near the river?

Logging can help a property a lot as far as deer habit goes and other game likes it also. when a forest is mature the brows is pretty high so only nuts and stuff that falls from the trees is what the deer have to eat. But when you log off some then sun light will get to the old forest floor and all kinds of low growing brows grows as well as small trees the deer will nibble on as time goes on the trees grow bigger and start blocking the sun light again so the forest floor is about barren. That is why I divided my property into sections and log off a new section about every 5 years.
I would not let who the property's neighbor's influence what property I buy. I had city people move near me who thought their farm fields were great as they rented them to a big farmer but for hunting they thought my woods was the cats pajamas. I told them once, second time I told them no more warnings, third time I filed charges and now I have my woods to my self for the last 15 years.

Al