HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement
Old 02-11-2015, 03:26 AM
WV Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter
It's okay to have divergent opinions. Just don't flame each other. Regardless of lawsuits or not, Remington apparently has a recall currently in effect (see links below).

The 700 is obviously a solid rifle that many people use to build superb long distance rifles and other custom rifles. Like anything else mechanical, sometimes parts don't work like they should and have to be recalled.

I don't know if Remington did the recall by choice or by court order. Either way, Remington is taking care of it. After 13 pages, I think you've all covered this subject and can let it rest.

If you have a Remington rifle and want to see if it's being recalled, Remington also has this website (see link below) where you can input your rifle's serial # and see if your rifle is being recalled. Pretty user friendly.

http://xmprecall.remington.com/

I haven't followed this thread in a good while, but Cal... isn't the link you posted to a recall that remington has on a different trigger than what this thread is about?

I'm just curious. I own several older 700's....with the walker trigger. Am I mistaken, or wasn't this thread about the walker triggers being recalled? If they are on recall... (as this thread is titled - massive recall) why does Remington not list that on their site?

(sorry if this has been covered, I'm not going back and reading all these posts)