HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Think about it.
Thread: Think about it.
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 06:48 PM
inghamtr
Spike

Default Think about it.

Black powder shooting is big business today,new guns,new powders,new bullets.Heck I pay about the same or a little more for a single muzzleloader bullet than I do a centerfire round.Rifle companys got to make a profit,major players who have dropped out for one reason or another,Winchester,Ruger,Savage,Marlin..Reminghton was gone for a while,Thompson Center dropped side hammers.I wonder at times if we trying to make a better mouse trap.Knight has their 4 inch group guarantee,doesnt matter if its a top of the line disc rifle or the old plunger style that comes on the big and little horn rifle.One thing about it tho,is overall,the people who like to shoot and make smoke,are more than willing to share.I don't know much,but I am willing to share what I have learned..I got way more muskets than I need,been trying to sell some,find reasons not to sell some.Guy called me and said,Man I really want to get that muzzleloader you have for sale,,I have one but it shoots 2 inches high on the first shot at 50 yards...Instead of pushing my rifle on him,I gave him a few suggestions.Good thing I am not a used car salesman or I would starve to death.I think I will shoot the GPR and round balls tomorrow and think where I went wrong in life,,lol..