HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it even worth the fight?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 03:00 AM
BarnesX.308
Nontypical Buck

I just don't see a problem with expecting people that are responsible enough to hunt being expected to be responsible enough to keep track of their own tags/license.

I just don't see the big deal. A person responsible enough to operate a firearm should be responsible enough to take care of their own tags IMO......Especially at age 17
If a responsible family is flying out of country for vacation, one family member will probably carry all the paperwork and passports in one spot. Just easier to keep track of everything that way. It's not malicious. It's just efficient and a good way to keep track of everything. And it certainly isn't saying that anyone else in the family is irresponsible.

In PA, we used to have to wear our licenses on our backs. Then they did away with that and you just keep them in your pocket. Easier to lose. When my son and I hunted together, we never hunted apart. I never went out by myself and he didn't either. So I just put all our tags in one ziplock.

PA is trying to mirror that Tom Cruise movie where they arrested people before they committed a crime. Because they might.