HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Late Season Finally
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 09:58 AM
gman57
Fork Horn

Default Late Season Finally

Well its been a long dry deer season for me since Oct 1 (bow)through rifle then Muzzie season upstate and only a few days left in special season here on the Island. Friday I dropped a yearling buck ( wish I knew before) took shot on the move at about 60 yds,I didnt think I hit him but something about the way he ran off gave me hope. Naturally when I came down the hill I was on and climbed the one he was on I was only guessing where he was at time of shot,no blood or sign. There was a heavily used trail there so I followed it looking for any signof his passing.About 80 yds from where I thought I shot him I saw a deer like 30 yds away with head down like eating I took a second shot and he dropped 5 yds away. Apparentely my first shot I led him too much and shot out a very chunk off the top of his chest/neck. While dragging him out I came upon his blood trail from the first shot and it was a very good trail just not near where I was looking.....I used my Accura with 110gr Blackhorn and a 300 gr DC bullet, now I have a couple of days left to bloody my Knight...