HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leupold Scope
Thread: Leupold Scope
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 07:09 PM
miketodd58
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JGFLHunter
I ended up getting the 4-12x50 VXR in the duplex firedot. I am very pleased looking through the scope and the firedot is pretty cool. I look forward to getting it mounted on my Colt until my 6.8 is finished. They didn't have the x40 that I wanted that come with cds, so I got it at the same price plus matched what I found. Needless to say, I got the scope I wanted at a very very reasonable price. Now my question is doesn't the cds work very every scope? I thought it would but the dealer explained it differently and I don't understand. Not that I really need the cds but thought it would be cool to have because the shooting ranges around me have some fairly long ranges and I do like to shoot out at distance when I can. Anyway thanks for the suggestions but in the end I love what I purchased.
The CDS takes some understanding on how to dial for elevation.

The dial that comes with the scope is rated for MIN not yardage. 1 min is 4 clicks which is about 1 inch at 100 yards. So 3 min is going to get you about 3inches in elevation at 100 yards.

Calling Leupold with your caliber, load, bullet weight, muzzle velocity and your zero along with atmospheric conditions will get you one free CDS Custom Dial System . Just zero your gun with the load you gave them then the MINA turn into yards. Dial to 300 yards and your custom load is suppose to give you dead on at 300 yards.