HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The demise of the whitetail challenge.
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 06:43 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

As far as the "whitetail challenge" goes, unless you are hunting a specific buck or a certain size rack, after you figure out deer I would not call it much of a challenging to hunt them. I hunt deer for the enjoyment of the hunt and the comradship with the people I hunt with and last but not least, for the delicious venison My family enjoys on the table. I am not a rack hunter but I do try to shoot the biggest body deer I can. Baiting has been around for a long time in some states, many of those folks get a challenge to get the deer to come to the bait when they want them to. I do not hunt deer over bait, I have never had to and it s not legal in most of my state. I do however hunt wild boar over bait and sometimes even with timed feeders they do not come in while you are there. I am much more concerned with all the gadgets and gizmos that take the place of skill that are being marketed to hunters and that hunters are so eager to buy. I believe these thing do and will have a much more detrimental affect on deer hunting than legal bait.