HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Encore Help?!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 10:03 AM
trailer
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Encore Help?!

Steven, frustrating isn’t it. So I’m not the only one with this problem. I have the same problem with my 7mm Rem. mag except I had 3” groups at 100 yds with the new Leupold scope... I had posted my problem a few months back and couldn’t get much help either. Every one praised the gun, on how well it shot and how accurate it was...Maybe you and I just got stuck with lemons?

I would suggest to call Thompson Arms, ask for a gun smith and tell him about your problem. He might ask you to send the barrel or the entire rifle back for them to test. I know I was asked to do the same thing but being north of the border I can’t send the rifle back, I can only send the barrel....

I had decided to returned my rifle back to the store where I had purchased it from. After six weeks of waiting they brought the rifle to the range and tested it... The guys from the store told me that they couldn’t return the rifle because they got 1” groups with 150 grain bullets and that was except able. I’m going to try and find the bullets that works best for my rifle. Lucky I reload my own shells. If I can’t get a decent group I will then send the barrel back to the manufacture...I guess that’s next years project. Good luck with your gun..