HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer butchering cost?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Top, I agree with you on that. I am lucky enough to have found a guy who will hang my deer for a week in the correct climate. If he would hang it for 3 weeks, I would have it done. My response was more to those who said it makes no difference than to your response. Everytime this subject is broached, someone comes along with the nonsense that venison has no fat marbling so aging will make no difference. That is a load of male bovine excrement. That is right up there in the BS catagory as you have to remove the scent glands from deer legs. If the glands are going to taint the meat after the deer is dead, it would have when the deer was alive. Not to mention, you saw off and toss that part of the deer. I used to have to checkle when I saw people who were brought up being told the first think you have to do is to remove the glands after you kill a deer. Ten they take that stinking knife and open up the cavity to gut the deer. I stopped trying to talk sense to people because it just led to an argument.