HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - knight mountaineer
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Grouse45
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Although BH IS CLEANER, it still leaves soot in the barrel. Its cleaner burning, as I doesn't create crud rings as other substitutes do. Also in many cases (not all), a maximum charge provides lessor accuracy/groups than a less than maximum charge. It appears you've somewhat proven that. Most do not swab between shots, because there's no crud rings to deal with. Although tight barrels may make the second or third round load harder.

Now here's a statement I'm going to make, that's going to get under the skin of all the EXPERTS of muzzleloading......

Change from the Win209's to one of the magnum primers, either the CCI209M or Federal 209A.
BH209 is by far the best black powder substitute for inline muzzleloaders currently being made. You can easily adapt any breech plug to use it effectively. A 5/32 flame channel drilled and tapped to fit a ventliner pretty much sums it up. I'll shoot BH209 with 410 primers let alone winchesters and have with Lehigh breech plugs.

My suggestion is quit reading all the different opinions and philosophies on the Internet and stick to the basics. And in all honesty, if you really don't understand it by now, you probably never will.