HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer butchering cost?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Uncle Nicky
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mounting man
Uncle Nicky, What you say is very true but i have not come across any one aggressive enough to want to put in the hours. It seems like everybody wants the easy money jobs?
Truth is...it's dirty work. Every processor I know has gotten Lyme disease at least once. I know this is a hunting site, and I probably shouldn't say this, but some of the customers I had, were the biggest morons I have ever met...showing up at my house drunk, all hours of the night, dropping deer off without calling first (I had a regular job during the day), showing up with untagged deer, leaving deer in my freezer for months before picking up, showing up during dinner (wife loved that), shooting deer 4 times with buckshot then asking "where's all my meat"? (left it in the woods, nimrod).

The final straw was a guy who had left deer multiple times and waited 4 months to pick up his deer, I called him at least 6 times, each time he promised to show, and never did. I finally had enough and donated the meat to the food bank. He calls in March for his deer, I told him I had donated it. He threatened to come over and give me a beating, yeah, thanks for the warning pal, I'll be waiting.
Again, this didn't go over real well with the Mrs. I sold a lot of my equipment and whittled down my customer list shortly thereafter.

I don't know where in NE PA you are located, but I know there are quite a few guys doing deer in the Souderton/Quakertown/Allentown area. Maybe go on the PA hunting forum and ask? I'd guess you'd get quite a few responses by asking there.

Last edited by Uncle Nicky; 12-21-2014 at 06:20 AM. Reason: spelling