HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - lazy grandpa
Thread: lazy grandpa
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 10:04 PM
nyorange
Fork Horn

Default RE: lazy grandpa

" You know what I said QUIT HUNTING."

Could have been handled with a bit more tact. How about telling him in the future
he should call you whenever they get a deer regardless of the location because of his age and deep respect you have for him, maybe then he wouldn' t always be coming up with excuses of why he can' t hunt with you. Have a little respect for the man. My uncle of about the same age tried the same damn thing and managed to drag it out, almost had a heart attack, fell down and was laid up for 2 days afterwards. I have told him in the future leave it where it drops, I or someone else will get it and if not so what, he ain' t starving. Screw the deer, as far as I' m concerned it can rot to all hell if it means risking the life of a loved one, or anyone for that matter. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, whocares, it was done and no ranting is going to take it back. I can guarantee that he still ain' t gonna want to hunt with you and I' m sure he' s gonna have alot more excuses next time. If it was my father and my cousin started ranting like you? You know what would happen. How could you possibly still be thinking he did some wrong? imagine the worst scenario and ask yourself it would have been worth it to preserve your boy scout morality.